Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve: My Favorite Christmas Song, Redux

Here is my favorite (new) Christmas song from an old episode of Saturday Night Live, redone by Jimmy Fallon of Late Night, with help from the Roots and the lead singer of the Strokes.





Merry Christmas to everyone out there!

-- Dr. Todd

PS Here's a few more:

The Original Chipmunks Christmas Song (1961)



The Redone Chipmunks Christmas Song (2008) which I'm not so much in love with...



Eartha Kitt singing "Santa Baby" from 1960.



My daughter's favorite Taylor Swift covering Santa Baby (2009).



Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting sing Baby It's Cold Outside (1950)



Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel sing Baby It's Cold Outside (2005)



Andy Williams and the Osmonds singing Happy Holidays (1976)



Ferrante & Teicher's Santa Claus' Party.



Kay Starr's "Man with the Bag" (1950)



I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas by Gayla Peevey.



Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra's "A Marshmallow World"



Ol' Blue Eyes with The Christmas Waltz (he wrote this one)



I prefer Leon Redbone's version, but Jimmy Buffet's "Christmas on Christmas Island" will do



The Snowman Song



Mele Kalikimaka by Bing Crosby



Not really a Christmas song, but my favorite winter song from the incomparable Lady Day.



Mel Torme and Judy Garland sing The Christmas Song...



A different kind of Christmas song, but this Pogues song (with Kirsty McColl) reminds me why I love the Irish.



Bing and Bowie? Yes please.



Finally, you can't beat Bocelli singing Ave Maria.



-- Dr. Todd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Todd,
The tightest of lines to you and yours on this Christmas Eve! My entire family is gathered around the computer getting a lesson on some of the finest singer / performers ever thanks to you. Have a very Merry Christmas!