Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Funhouse

The Friday Funhouse

Video of the Week


The controversy over Yo Yo fishing for stripers...when I first typed this it looked like I wrote "Yo Yo fishing for strippers," which would have been funny. Or not. Everyone knows strippers don't dig Yo Yos. Wait...What? Strike that. Wow. I really need a three-day weekend...



Things I Would Buy If I Could Afford Them


A 1990 R.L. Winston rod with all the fixings. You won't find one nicer than this...


How about this ABU 550C De Luxe gold-plated model reaching 4 figures in 2 days?


This is an awesome reel--the 1887 Henshall-Van Antwerp by Thos. Chubb. One of the 10 coolest reels of all time, in my opinion.


This Outing Dewey's Feather Getum in the box is a very interesting lure that you rarely, if ever, see in the box.


This is a flat out STUNNING GORGEOUS Nichols shrimp. Nicest one I've seen.


This (likely) Gregory of Birmingham bait is a real stunner.


Ah yes, the Florida Superstrike. A killer of a bait.


The Granger Victory is classic Colorado cane.


So you say you've got what you think is a prototype Arbogast Jitterbug? That's nice...wait. What?


EARL PARKER GRESH...I REPEAT, EARL PARKER GRESH. That is all.


A Bud Stewart decoy is a wonderful addition to any decoy lover's collection.


Well, aren't we a cute little froggie?


Speaking of froggies, holy schnikies have these Bill Plummer Super Frogs been going insane lately.


What is this a frog convention? A Bud Stewart frog jumps in the pond...


A Jim Donaly Catch-um-Big is a big catch indeed.


I have no idea how old this J. Smith (London) plaque is, but I do know if looks really, really sharp.


We'll end this week with a hand-made Alaskan Inuit fishing lure...or so the description says.


Have a safe and peaceful Labor Day Weekend, and as always, be good to each other, and yourself.

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: