Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

2007 is now history, and it was a year for the books (both literally and figuratively). Not only was I able to launch The Whitefish Press and its seven fishing titles, but the response I have gotten has been overwhelmingly positive. I want to thank each and every person who has purchased a book for helping support this little endeavor. It is not about money--if people knew how much time and effort goes into just one book I think they would be more than a little shocked--but it is about publishing books that deserve to be made available. 2008 promises some great additions to the growing catalog. Stay tuned--you'll be glad you did!

The Fishing for History Blog has been an interesting experience as well. Frankly, I didn't know if I had the time to keep up with the pressing demands of posting something interesting and original every weekday, but as I learned how to do it, the time demands dropped somewhat. For 2008, I want to expand the blog into some interesting directions, and I think you'll like the additions and changes. I would also like to solicit more contributions from others--so if you have an article or piece don't hesitate to submit it.

I have been consistently stunned by the number of readers this little blog has. My site meter shows hits from over 45 different countries, as well as every American state and Canadian province. To the readers in Estonia, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Micronesia, and other parts of our rapidly shrinking globe, thanks for stopping by! To the 10,000 or more of you who stop by every week, I hope you enjoy the information and articles you find on the blog.

Here's to a fabulous and successful 2008!

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: