Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday Funhouse

Video of the Week


This week’s video is an inspirational report on how fly fishing may help women recover from breast cancer.



Things I Would Buy If I Could Afford Them


I know I'm a bit late to this party, but as I don't know much about spearing decoys, but this one is awfully nice.

I like instant collections, particularly when they involve cool go-withs like patches.


Another instant collection is this collection of Hunt lures.


Back when I was a kid, I used to save my money and buy these monster Old Wood Bait Company pikie-look-alikes from Pastika’s Bait Shop in Hayward, Wisconsin. They are a classic Canadian-made bait, and although not as old as some, are really attractive lures.


A nice combo that would look good in anyone’s den is this Edward Vom Hofe rod-and-reel.


One of the most popular Heddon plastics is the Pepsi tadpolly; in this auction you can get both sizes for one bid. But they won’t come cheap.


I was just thinking the other day about adding a piece of Rhode Island fishing tackle to the collection. Then then this Rhode Island Wedge Lure in box came up for sale.

When I was researching my article on Supplee-Biddle (June 2006 NFLCC Magazine), I searched high and low for Congress minnows in boxes. Now they are coming out of the woodwork (eighth one in three months), like this beauty here.


As nice of a Creek Chub Gar as you are likely to find is this nifty example.


Another great Creek Chub is this Husky Pikie #6907 in correct box.


This is just your every day, run-of-the-mill Creek Chub midget pikie, the kind you see every day, like this beauty here in Tan Crab.


Finally, we here at the Friday Funhouse are all about the live auction, as much of the fun comes from watching auctions (we are terrible eBay voyeurs) while they are still on. But with apologies to Phil White, whose completed monthly eBay auction reports have been staple reading for years, we would be remiss not to bring the following ridiculous auction to your attention.

In some ways, this rivals the infamous great eBay Frog Hoax of 2007. I will write more about this when I stop laughing.

-- Dr. Todd

No comments: