Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday Funhouse

Video of the Week

This week we have Part III of the history of Alvey Reels.



Things I Would Buy If I Could Afford Them


We here at Fishing History are all about the trade tackle. Here is a nifty Tyron Kingfisher minnow made by Pflueger.


People are always somewhat surprised at the prices brought by the pink Johnson Princess fishing reels, like this one here. So why aren't the pink Great Lakes Holiday reels worth anything?


Lots of nice lures available right now on eBay. Here is a nice W.D. Chapman & Son spinner.

I was speaking with Doug Carpenter and John Caldwell at the Cincinnati tackle show about the rise in prices on made in Kentucky lures. For example, this nifty Falls City Jinx has attracted a lot of interest.


The Heddon of the Week is this sweet 5-hook in green crackleback in a wood box.


A nice fly rod up this week is this later H.L. Leonard salmon model.

I once owned six of these later Paw Paw Bait Co. display cards. They are long gone and I wish I could replace them.


Many of you know I am a bit of a hook maniac. Here is a neat one seldom seen; an Edward vom Hofe 14/0 Tarpon hook made by Mustad. Most vom Hofe tarpon hooks I've seen were made by Pflueger or Van Vleck.


Finally, from the "Annoying Attempt to Cash In on Celebrity Tragedy" comes the Anna Nicole Smith spinner. What made them think this was a good idea?



-- Dr. Todd

No comments: