Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Funhouse

Video of the Week

This week we have Part II of the history of Alvey Reels.



Things I Would Buy If I Could Afford Them


One of my favorite articles I've written in the past five years dealt with the tackle sold by the J.F. Schmelzer Arms Co. of Kansas City; this raised gear box Schmelzer reel is one of the nicest to come to market in some time.

Want to see a beautiful example of nineteenth century reelcraft? Check out this auction.


Another outstanding early reel is this Meek & Milam Kentucky #3.


I am a sucker for old catalogs, even if the ones I covet usually go for a ton of money. This is a really cool old Swedish Abu catalog that has attracted a lot of attention.

For those interested in getting their very own 1958 Heddon Sonic Mini-Comic Book, check out this auction.

Another astounding Heddon lure is sure to bring some serious coin.


A great Bud Stewart lure in box should find a nice home.



-- Dr. Todd

No comments: